Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Name Game

We are having trouble naming our baby when it's girl. Evan jinxed himself before we had Hartlee by saying that he would prefer all girls to boys (I believe he is insane for preferring this). Also his brothers seem to think he will have all girls as well. Bitch sperm as Evan calls it.

Anyways we have narrowed it down to these options:

Ailey pronounced I-lee. We might spell it Eilee, Ailee, or Islee. I like this name but im still not sold. First Im afraid that she will constantly have to correct people on how to say her name. I can hear the mistakes now Is-lee, A-lee, ugh. Second Evan wants her middle name to be Jane so we would have Ailey Jane and Hartlee Elaine. Kinda sounds like Dr. Suess names our children.

Ellee. I like Ellee I just think it needs to be a nickname, especially when compared to Hartlee. I like Elodi and Elliot.

Irelynn.

Quinlan, Quinn for short. Or maybe just Quinn. Quinlan means descent from the handsome man according to babynames.com which would be fitting if I do say so myself.

Anyways let me know what you think??

Oh and if its a boy he will be Sawyer Maxwell Thomas Woodhead. Long I know, but we like torturing our kids.

6 comments:

redstarmama said...

Ooh, baby names! My favorite hobby after baking!

Is there some reason my brother feels he needs to steal my middle name? Ok, ok, he can have it. ; ) We already have our last girl name picked out anyway. Hartlee and Greer also have the same middle name, Louise.

Declan was going to be Elliot if he was a girl. I like all of those names, Elodi, Elliot and Quinn. I like the boy option, for sure. Sawyer is a great name.

Try thecradle.com. It's my favorite baby name site.

Amy said...

Love Sophia for a girl name sophie for short. And I knew a girl names Scotlynn which I thought was pretty. Boys names that's harder...

Danielle said...

I think names are hard regardless if they are boy or girl names.

I like Ailey, but I agree that people will constantly be pronoucing it wrong and that could be annoying after a while.

I like Quinn. It's cute and it goes with Hartlee well.
I like shorter names.

What even worse is both of you agreeing..

If you go on babycenter.com, you can type Hartlee's name in and it gives you the best options for siblings.

Oh, Amy I love Sophia. If I have a girl, that is what her name will be. Sophia Ann.

elizabeth.marie. said...

I love the boy name and I really like Elodi. That one is my favorite.

Swayney said...

Please for the love of your child don't give them a name that will 99% of the time be confused or mispronounced. I do think my name is that difficult but people only pronounce it right half the time... and no matter what I do... they always ask me how to spell it! I'm like C.h.a... and then they go 'oh...d.r.a?" shoot me.
I like Ailey, sounds kinda like Haley, but maybe an option for spelling and pronunciation could be -Aaley- or how ever you want the 'ey' 'ie'... but I think the double Aa might make it easier.
I must say I like the names Eliot and Hartlee together... I'm with ya on the Dr. Seuss thing.
Oh and unless you want our daughters to have the same name, then don't name her Sophia or I will punch you. I do like Scotlynn tho... hmmm....

Swayney said...

oh wait you said I-lee... ya... can't figure that one out. Good luck tho ;)